She WAS such a CuTie!

My sister's birthday is in November. She has to share her birthday with thanksgiving...sometimes...
Haha! That can't be fun!
Anyway...She is somewhat lacking in my albums...so I made this page about her first birthday. She was such a cutie! I don't know what happened to her...lol...I hope she reads this ;) (we tease each other all the time :p)

DCWV Autum Melody- 12x12 stack, Cardstock stack,
Matstack & embellisment pack. Halloween and
 Fall value stack. 
I love this picture. I think my mom looks super pretty here :) and look how I'm STARING at that cake! Yum! I love how my sister is the only one looking at the camera. 
I made my own polaroid type frame around the picture using one of the papers in the Halloween and Fall value stack. 

Embellishments & 'November'  -Autumn Melody embellishment pack
orange letters -OA mini market stickers
 brown letters - Doddle Bug 

I cut parts of these with my craft knife
so they could be over the other layers. 


Could you tell the background piece of paper wasn't complete? Of course not! I used my Fiskars trimmer to cut out a big chunk off the middle of this piece. That gold foil from the Autumn Melody cardstock stack is beautiful...and not so easy to come by. I'm a big believer in saving paper :D The best part is that DCWV papers are so nice and sturdy, this won't affect the integrity of your LO. The only time I don't do this is when I use a sheet from the value stack as my background. Then, I feel it needs that cardstock background because I like the heavier weight on my LO's.
 

That's all for today! Thanks for looking :)

Comments

  1. I love how you've worked the flowers in the corner for this lovely layout. Gorgeous colour palette too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really nice - I like all the flowers. I always gut my cardstock to make it go a lot further too! thank you so much for the blog award a few weeks ago too - sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, its the holidays here - we were also in Southern California (Anaheim) a few weeks ago too! lovely part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop