100 Days of Tombow!

To celebrate their centennial, Tombow is donating $10,000 in product to the Council for Arts Education. Tombow will donate $100 for each of the 100 participating bloggers. This cause is especially important to me :)

You all know me as a crafter and today I want to share with you that I am also an educator. I hold an M.A degree in Early Childhood Education and I'm a preschool teacher. Through out my schooling and career, I have been an advocate for arts education. My passion is color. I teach through my passion and my classroom is full of paint and color. When Tombow asked me to participate in their 100 Day program benefitting the Council for Arts Education, it was a great fit!

As a scrapbooker I am inspired by many things, photographs, stories, products or a combination of these. 
When Tombow sent me this: 

 


I was inspired by the calm colors of the pencils. I grabbed a sheet of cardstock and started to color inside the circles of a misting mask. Having fun with the pencils. It was so relaxing to just color! 
I love the sketched look the pencil lines give the circles :) 
I lightly colored in all the circles in the mask, then I went to my picture stack to get a photo that would look great here. I found this beautiful serene shot of one of my dogs. He is awesome. The Best :) 
Rescued from a dog pound and always so grateful! He just wants to be loved!...ok and fed...food is important to him too! :)  


The soft colors called for something earthy to be part of this LO, so I grabbed a sheet of DCWV self-adhesive cork. I used it to mat the picture and to cut out some chevron type arrows. With all the earthy elements I decided to bring in some metal. I grabbed a strip of the DCWV Glitzy glitter cardstock stack. This is my favorite gold glitter cardstock. It's so pretty! Here's a close up: 

 
Told you it was pretty! ;)

I used my tombow markers to color the wood veneer pieces. This particular color is Horizon Blue. 
I also used the wood veneer pieces as a stamp. You can see a stamped arrow and asterisk 
 up close in the picture above. 

I adhered everything with the Tombow adhesive dot roller except for the flair. I used a Tombow power tab for that. Oh! and a Tombow glue stick for the letters. 

I used the Cool Gray 5 from the marker pack to write my journaling and stamp the date. 

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Recap of the supplies: 
Tombow: 
Irojiten Colored Pencils- Light grayish tone 
Soda Shop Dual Brush Pens
Dot Adhesive stamp runner 
Power tabs  
Glue stick

DCWV: 
Silky Neutrals stack 12x12
Self-adhesive Cork 6x6 
Glitzy Glitter Cardstock Stack 12x12

Studio Calico: 
Sudrifter Circles Mask
Arrows and hearts wood veneer 

Freckled Fawn: 
Wood chips-Stars and Such 
Wood chips- Hearts

Paper Bakery: 
I Woof You Flair Set 

American Crafts: 
Dear Lizzy date stamp




Comments

  1. What a great layout! I love how you used colored pencils for the background, I've never seen that done before. Very pretty. :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet page! Love the colors!!! saw you at Tombow and had to stop in and say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!