Surprised by DCWV ready made pages

I have to admit something…once upon a time I was a snob about premade pages. Why would I use that? What about my creativity? After all, I had uninterrupted scrapbooking time, lots of supplies and ideas. Well, now I have a six month old baby, lots of supplies and lots of ideas, but very limited time. So when I received ready-made scrapbooking pages from DCWV in my DT box, I got excited. Look!!! I made 3 layouts in ONE nap time! I can’t even remember the last time I made 3 layouts in one day. I like to layer and embellish a lot so it takes time for me to complete a layout. With these ready-made pages, the photos, journaling and embellishing were the only things I had to do (I wanted to add embellishments but that is totally optional).

I like that these pages match DCWV stacks, so you can always go to the matching stack to use any of the fun cut out designs or cards. You can also use the matching papers with machines, dies, punches or stamps.

I’ll show you how each page looks in the package first and then I’ll show you my layout. 



I embellished this one to my heart’s content!

Two years ago, we went on a big road trip around California. I still have tons of photos to scrap and stories to tell about that trip.

This next layout didn’t need much embellishment.


I just added the ‘baby’ banner which I cut out from a card in the Little Miss stack.



This is her first rain…yeah, it’s a big deal in Southern California, ok?! I wish she had smiled for the photos




On this final page, I added the green 2, and the rest of the banner card from the Little Miss stack. She was 2 months old in this photo….time flies!



I cut the bottom banner so that it would come out of the frame. I think that makes it look like the entire frame is an embellishment or a title and an accent to the page.




I just love the dimension on these pages. They all have 3D elements added :)



So there you go!

There are seasons in life, and sometimes they are busy and leave you little time for crafting. Someday, my baby will be grown and I will have plenty of time and memories to scrap. But, I don’t want to give it up until then. I love scrapbooking and I have a new appreciation for products that will allow me to do so faster, while still allowing me to be creative and personalize my designs.

I think we can all use a little help staying crafty at some point in our lives and these ready-made pages are really great for that!

Comments

  1. Very cool. I never liked premade pages either, but these really look great! Lots of elements and dimension, not cheesy like so many other premade pages! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop