Savor the moments

Hello! I feel like I'm recovering from the Holidays, CHA and my sister's baby shower. I was so happy to get back in my craft room and make stuff. I felt the need to get a little messy.


I want to show you this layout full of messy goodness. I started with the hexagon paper from the Hello Darlin' stack, which you can find at Joann stores. Then I put down some lines of Imagine Crafts Tear It tape in the shape of a rectangle, a little bigger than 4x6. I peeled the adhesive and used gold foil sheets to make a gold photo mat right on my background paper.



I also added more tape lines and gold foil to a couple other places on the page. Next, I brought out my favorite shabby embossing powders and paint fragments. I mixed the paint fragments and embossing powders and spread them out in a few places on the page. I heated the powders from the bottom to melt everything together.


This is my baby at 4 months. Those early months went by in a flash. I really tried to savor each moment. She got a pastry to celebrate every month around her birth date and we ate it for her :) I love the way the candle flames look like hearts in this photo. I might go back and add some gold hearts on the layout. By the way, that crown she's wearing is mom-made. I made it using the Violet Leaf stack and Adhesive Gem sheets. The journaling is hidden behind the photo.



I'm off to clean my desk...and surrounding areas...sigh! What's the state of your desk? This is mine currently:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!