Introducing my smart-fab obsession

Hello! Guess what?! I made cards! I know, weird, but I like the way they turned out :)

 I picked up a sample of Smart-fab at CHA and I was so excited about using it on my paper projects. I knew it would look great and I was right! Smart-fab is almost like tissue paper that won't get torn up, or thin fabric that won't fray. A little translucent and super light.



This is my very favorite card EVER. I don't make cards as often as I make layouts or altered items or mixed media stuff. I definitely need to practice my card making skills and I patted myself on the back for this one. 


Both of these cards were made using the same technique. 
I picked 5 colors of smart-fab. I wanted non traditional colors for valentine day cards, so I chose to do a yallow to red ombre and a pink to blue gradient. I love the effect I was able to achieve because of the range of colors that are available. 


Next, I watercolored the background to match the colors of smart-fab and cut one heart of each color. I placed the hearts on the background with it's corresponding color. 
On the first card, I secured the hearts by stitching with white thread and I used markers to color the thread the same color as the heart. 
On the second card, I stapled the hearts with either blue or purple staples. 
Both cards are backed on to DCWV 5x7 black cards that come with envelopes. So these are ready to go to someone special!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!