Mixed media Layouts with DCWV's Embossed White Stack

Hello!
What do you do when you don't have time to make a full layout?

When I don't have time or energy, I prepare a background in some way. In this case, I watercolored on a couple sheets of the Embossed White stack out at Joann stores.
That fulfills me creatively when I can't scrap. 


This is a photo strip from a taping of 'The Talk' which I attended with a friend. The perks of living in LA ;) We found we have a lot of things in common and I'm glad to have made a new friend. Making new friends can be very difficult once you're an adult. 


The pieces I used for layering are from the DCWV 6x6 stitched and mixed media stacks.
The feathers are embossed wood veneer. Love how they turned out!

This next layout is from a little photo shoot at the local botanical gardens. She was having so much fun playing with the leaves that day.


I was having a hard time finding papers that would work with the colors in the photo, so I decided to make my own background instead. The layers of paper are from the watercolor stack


Some of these embellishments are more than 10 years old!!! 
I've been really trying to use the things in my stash so I took them out of the package and put them in a little bowl on my desk. That's the first place I reach into when my layouts need just one more thing.


Hope you're having a lovely day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!