Painted Backgrounds: Explore the beach

Hello! Are you loving the summer weather? 
I am...Whenever it's not ridiculously hot!
Today, I have a layout about my baby's first time building sand castles at the beach. 

This layout is a first in a series of layouts with painted backgrounds, which I'm excited to share with you all!


For this one, I used the  DCWV Coastal stack, which you can find at AC Moore. It has great textures with pearl foil and some linen pages. The first thing I did was add more color to my background.  I used distress stain, water and Heidi Swapp color shine in sea foam. I put each color on a piece of plastic packaging and smooshed it on the diagonal along the background.


I liked so many of the patterns in the stack, I decided to cut strips of my favorites and punch some of them with my Fiskars scallop edge punch. The dark blue scallops are linen so I cut those by hand. I also backed the photos with the 6x6 Kraft and Gold stack. Have you seen this one? It's so pretty!

Once all my layers and embellishments were in place, I used some more ink to bring it all together. I used the lightest blue and made sure to add some in the corner layers. Then, I splattered some Prima color bloom gold mist on all the embellishment areas. I love how DCWV paper holds up to paint and ink. I love happy messy layouts!



Do you have summer photos to scrap?


Comments

  1. Oh I like that. Blue paint is a natural choice for beach layouts - adds a fabulous touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop